Monday, August 4, 2008

New Month, New Worries.

Market is going down. It's so scary. Interestingly enough, though, none of my triggers kicked off today. I didn't buy anything because market didn't go down enough. Encouraging and frustrating. We'll live through it as well.

Don't know if Todd Harrison right. He keeps his long term portfolio in cash, awaiting deflation. I'm not that sure, so I keep in cash less than 15% now. But that's scary. Everybody and his dog talks about inflation. I'd love to see some a year from now. Alternative is way too scary. I hope that Fed doesn't move. I hope that Bernanke has enough fortitude to persuade others on the committee that we are on the edge of the precipice (if not beyond the edge already). Hope is the only thing remaining. Todd is right: nobody makes money in deflation, even bears.

But life doesn't end in recession. Not even in depression. Let's enjoy it!

No comments: