Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Selling Some Phillip Morris

Took some profits in Phillip Morris (PM) today. I was watching patiently while stock grew over $60, but $65 is too much. It's not a bad company, quite opposite, it's a great company. And eventually it might be worth much more. But for now... Tobacco company with 4% yield is not something I call exiting. So I decided to sell some of it. I'm still holding a sizable position and might add on weakness.
On the big scale, it looks like we are up to another round of Wall Street rally. And most probably it's going to be a rally in growth stocks. PM is a staple, it might grow faster than domestic tobacco companies, but my bet is on high growth stocks with four letter tickers...

Full disclosure: at the time of publication author had long positions in PM and MO. Positions can change any time.


Seeking Alpha Certified

No comments: