Monday, December 3, 2007

Today's grumble.

I have a portfolio on stockpickr.com: http://stockpickr.com/members/port/Alex-Portfolio/. It more or less represents my real life investments, although it doesn't reflect position sizes. One thing I don't understand about stockpickr.com is how recommendations are made. Recommendations for my portfolio from Pros: among others, two (!) insurance companies. Never mind that my portfolio is loaded with tech and foreign investments. Go figure. Recommendations from non-Pros are more understandable: three mature techs of five. Of course, I don't care for mature techs. They are have beens of tech world, just take a look at IBM.
Funniest thing, recommendations from "Both" don't include any from previous two sets. Looks like some strange math is involved.

But it's just me...

No comments: