Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Increasing Fixed Income Share


If anybody is following my trades, they should've noticed that I'm buying more fixed income tools lately. There are some changes in my life, and I'm increasing share of fixed income in my portfolio. I don't have money to buy hundred grand lots of bonds, so the obvious choice is to buy closed-end funds.
I prefer muni bonds, but they are way too popular now, and prices are to high. I'm trying to buy high-yield muni funds on drops, and also some high quality corporate bond funds.
Buys in October:
Invesco Van Kampen Trust for Investment Grade Municipals (VGM)
Invesco Van Kampen Municipal Trust (VKQ)
First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund (FSD)
Nuveen Investment Quality Municipal Fund (NQM)
Helios Multi-Sector High Income Fund (HMH)
Disclosure: I am long NQMVKQVGMFSDHMH.
Additional disclosure: Positions can change any time.

No comments: