Monday, March 26, 2012

Buying Retail

I was thinking about two months what retail company to buy. Fact is, in a bull market you have to own retail. My problem was, most of retail companies I know are either not good, even my former favorite Kohl's (KSS), or overpriced. After some research, I made my choice.
Welcome DSW Shue Warehouse (DSW). Not the first appearance in my porfolio, I made a quick trade couple of years ago. Now I'm buying it for long term. There are serveral reasons to buy.
Company has good fundamentals, growing, has a lot of cash and no debt.
I am a long term customer and like the stores. This is a very important thing for me, I would never buy retail company I don't like as a customer.
Company is recommended by Jim Cramer. Sometimes I follow his recommendations and they (recommendations) made me more money than lost.
Disclosure: I am long DSW.
Additional disclosure: I have no positions in KSS. Positions can change any time.

No comments: