Monday, April 26, 2010

Selling more Netflix

This is ridiculous! This stock doubled in three months! I expected it to go up, but now, with a parabolic chart, it's downright insane. I sold one more portion of it today. I might be wrong again, like I was when sold part at 75, but I have 100% profit and it must be taken. Now playing with house money.

Netflix (NFLX) is a great company. They created excellent DVD by mail distribution system, deliver a lot of movies over the internet, service is great, management is great. And forward P/E of 31 and change isn't that big, if we consider that company managed to beat expectations in the last four quarters. But parabolic chart is always a bubble. The only way of making money on a stock market that I know is to buy good stocks when they go down and sell them when they go up.

Full disclosure: at the time of publication author had a long position in NFLX. Positions can change any time.

Seeking Alpha Certified

No comments: