Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm back

I'm back in my blog. I was quite busy last several days at my day job (system and network administration) and didn't have any time or energy for anything else. Result: I missed yesterday's blood on the streets. It was a day of mandatory buy, and I missed it. When almost every stock is down 3, 5, 10 percent, you just have to buy something. But I didn't have time and didn't make a dime. Oh well, I can't afford to quit my day job, so complains stop right here.

On continuation of my main economic idea: depression. We are going there, no question. Otherwise Fed wouldn't act today. 200 billion seems like a large sum. But it's well below Goldman Sachs estimate of 500 billion writedowns by banks. And I feel that estimate is a little bit low, like by 30%. So, until we see at least 500 billion writedowns + Fed injections, nothing positive happening.

What does it mean for us, small time investors? Let this rally run a little bit and sell something. I'm reviewing my portfolio right now, trying to make some money. I probably will sell something in a day or two, just don't know what. Sell something even if you feel that all your positions are golden. You will get a chance to get back in at lower price. Sell some position if it goes up a lot this week. Buy it back when it's down from sell price 10% or more. And buy more of anything when blood is again running on Wall Street. It will.

Disclaimer: This article is not intended as an investment advice. Every person should make her/his own investment decisions based on all available information and advice from her/his own financial advisor.

No comments: